Medichem Manufacturing (Malta) Ltd and Combino Pharm (Malta) Ltd form part of the Medichem group, a Spanish pharmaceutical organization which develops and manufactures both active pharmaceutical ingredients and finished dosage forms.
Medichem specialises in active pharmaceutical ingredients, while Combino Pharm is focused on solid oral generic pharmaceutical products. The organization provides high quality medicinal substances and products for the worldwide market, with special emphasis on Europe and the US.
The two factories are located side-by-side in the Hal Far Industrial Estate, hold EU GMP certification and US FDA approval, and have been operating here in Malta for 18 years.
We are currently looking for a new team member to join Medichem Manufacturing (Malta) Ltd. for the following role:
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the chosen candidate will be responsible for the validation/re-qualification of production equipment and utility systems together with managing of new investment projects and/or machine upgrades.
- Manage the equipment validation/re-qualification program of both facilities
- Manage the calibration program for both facilities
- Manage annual certifications of equipment to comply with all the respective legislations
- Manage the pest control program
- Manage the spare parts ordering process
- Manage and/or support the implementation of new investment projects and/or machine upgrades, through various actions that include, but are not limited to, definition of the project, sourcing and discussions with suppliers and preparing detailed implementation plans for these projects.
- Ensure equipment upkeep through regular inspections and reviews of documentation.
- Offer support when dealing with emergencies, unplanned breakdowns and repairs, including the sourcing of spare parts necessary if required.
The Position Requires:
- A university degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a similar position within the pharmaceutical industry will be considered an asset.
The Selected Person Must Be:
- Self-motivated and have a keen eye for detail.
- Results oriented with a work attitude that reflects our Company values.
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise tasks to maintain deadlines.
- Eager to drive change to ensure process/system efficiency
- Able to communicate in English.
- Computer literate.
- Confident and pro-active in carrying out one’s duties.
- Extremely organised.
What Does Medichem Offer You:
- Continuous opportunity for professional growth and training.
- Flexitime and teleworking.
- A competitive salary and a performance bonus.
- Health insurance.
- Medical check-ups.
- A culture where teamwork is priority.
- A positive working environment with an employee focused approach.
- Job security.
Interested applicants are to send their application together with a CV to The Human Resources Department, Medichem Manufacturing (Malta) Ltd. by email to email@example.com. Applications are to be received by the 10th of March 2023.