For more than 40 years, Medichem has been playing an important role as an Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) manufacturer for the generic business. From 2014 we also offer Highly Potent APIs (HPAPIs) from our Malta plant.
In 2015, after the merger with Combino Pharm, Medichem has incorporated a broad portfolio of oral and injectable finished dosage forms (FDF) which are available for outlicensing purposes.
We are continuosly working on expanding our portfolio, selecting and developing new APIs and FDFs with added value for our customers.
Over the past few years, Medichem has focused on APIs and FDFs with particular technological barriers and our expansion into the field of HPAPIs enables us to offer a broader product portfolio to our customers.
Our expertise means:
- Extensive know-how in oral and injectable FDF
- More than 70 APIs have been developed during Medichem’s history. Our experience and capabilities include the development of innovative chemical processes. We develop our products using state-of-the-art technologies such as:
- Flow chemistry (lab and industrial scale)
- Chromatographic purification (lab and industrial scale)
- Nanofiltration (lab and industrial scale)
- Early developments, offering unique processes and products. This allows our clients the earliest possible market entry from Spain and Malta.
- Medichem always evaluates patent risks and opportunities and carries out freedom to operate for every development.
In May 2014, Medichem opened a brand new Highly Potent Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients unit (HPAPI) in its Maltese plant, located in Hal Far. By this new High Potency APIs unit, Medichem wants to consolidate its presence in the generic pharmaceutical industry.